Every election, tens of thousands of registered New Orleanians fail to vote in judicial elections. Some are focused on the top of the ticket, and some don’t feel educated enough about judicial candidates. Fortunately, Court Watch NOLA is here to provide you with the resources you need to make an educated decision. So check these out and remember to vote on Tuesday, November 4:
- Court Watch NOLA’s own “Elected Officials” pages include information about and rankings of incumbent Criminal District Court Judges;
- Our recent Project Justice NOLA Op-Ed discusses what makes a good judge;
- Court Watch NOLA also co-sponsored a juvenile and criminal court candidates forum that you can watch online;
- WYES interviewed the criminal court candidates on key issues, like efficiency and timeliness, that CWN has raised in its reports; and
- The Lens’ Voter Guide includes links to CWN information as well as documents and important news stories about the candidates.
And check out more news and notes from CWN’s October newsletter!